Some key elements of the Ramakrishna Order's approach to and the methodology of relief are:
- Worship of God in humans as the guiding ideal.
- Strictly apolitical conduct of activities and avoidance of populist publicity.
- Financial accountability through detailed records of the sources and utilization of funds.
- Reaching out to the most needy through careful field surveys.
- No discrimination on religious, ethnic, sectional or other grounds.
- Involvement of local people in planning as well as implementation of specific programmes.
- Rapid and efficient provision of services and use of current technology wherever feasible.
- Time-bound programmes and avoidance of ‘indiscriminate charity' to prevent wastage of resources and dependence among beneficiaries.
- Participatory approach involving monks, volunteers and technical experts.
- Focus on development-socio-economic, environmental and cultural-empowerment, and preventive strategies in rehabilitation.
Text Courtesy: www.belurmath.org